Sanlam is inviting interested and suitable individuals to apply for its Financial Assistant Internship Programme for 2021. Remember to check out the minimum requirements before applying
Established in 1918 as a life insurance firm, Sanlam has since expanded its financial services operating all across Africa, Malaysia, India and other select markets. With a global footprint spanning 44 countries, Sanlam counts as one of the 50 largest insurance groups operating internationally.
Sanlam operates five different “clusters” or divisions, namely Investments, Personal Finance, Emerging Markets, Investments, Short-term and Corporate insurance. A department within Sanlam called the Group Office provides strategic direction and support to these clusters, effectively keeping them cohesive and fully functional in reaching their own targets.
Sanlam Financial Assistant Internship 2021
The successful candidate will be providing support to the finance department and will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Process payment of services and consultants
- Regularly update payment sheet for consultants
- Prepare consultant purchase orders
- Contractor audit reporting
- Collect and recon journals and invoices
- Manage journals for receipt and accruals of goods on POs
- Provide assistance with investigations of early payments and forward covers with vendors
- Analyze variances between budget and accruals
- Establish reasons for under or overspending on recon items
- Follow through and get approval from relevant Manco or Exco members on time-sensitive payments, approvals, and documents
- Handle ad hoc payment requests or queries from clients and vendors
- Assist audit queries and furnish the necessary documentation
- Ensure deadlines are met despite changes
- Keep processes up to date for consistency in deliveries
- Send out advance reminders for new consultant contracts to stakeholders
- Resolve ad hoc vendor/client requests or queries
Who should apply?
- Completed matric
- Applicants with post-matric studies will have an advantage
- Must have a good understanding of accounting principles
- With at least 2 years experience in the accounting and financial environments
- Solid expertise in MS Excel and other MS Office tools
- Those with SAP and JDE knowledge will have an advantage
- Knows how to comply with SLAs and SOPs
- Knowledgeable in optimizing work processes
- Able to manage conflicts and show self-awareness
What is the selection process?
In addition to making use of the applicant’s CVs and application forms, Sanlam administers a number of assessment methods when selecting candidates:
- Ability tests, which cover verbal, reasoning or numerical assessment tests
- Personality questionnaires that assess the candidates’ preference and natural style
- Situational judgment assessments that show how applicants tackle tasks
How do I apply?
No deadline for submission of the application has been set as of this posting.
Click here if you wish to know about how it is to work at Sanlam.
View the Sanlam Finance Assistant Internship Programme advert by clicking the link.