What Is Military Skill Development System MSDS?
The Military Skills Development System is a two-year voluntary service system with the long term goal of enhancing the SA National Defence Force’s deployment capability.
Successful MSDS candidates will be appointed in a specific mustering and will be called up to a Training Unit, where members will complete their Basic Military Training, specific mustering and functional training in the first year and be utilized or deployed in the second year of the MSDS.
You will need it when you will be applying for the advertised Traineeship for SA ARMY.
Location: ♦ Gauteng ♦ Eastern Cape ♦ Free State ♦ Northern Cape ♦ Limpopo ♦ Mpumalanga ♦ Western Cape ♦ North West ♦ KZNDept of Defence: Youth Traineeship Programme
The one-year academic program will commence in January at a training facility in Gauteng (Ekhurhuleni College). Accommodation, meals, study aids, stationary and pocket money will be provided to the learners.
- Must at least be 18 years of age but not older than 22 and must have completed Grade 12
- up to 26 years of age and must be completed grade 12th a 3 years tertiary qualification
- Leadership Potential
- Not area bound
- No criminal Record
Download the South African Military Skills Development Application Form 2021
If you are interested in the Military Skills Development System in the SA Army, please complete the coupon with the requested documentation enclosed and post it to SA Army HQ, Dir Army HR, SA Army Recruiting Centre, Private Bag X 981, Pretoria, 0001. Specific related enquiries can be directed to (012) 355 1420 or (012) 355 1438. Further information can be obtained on www.dod.mil.za, www.army.mil.za
SA Navy Traineeship Programme Programme
The MSD programme is a two-year voluntary service system. Recruits are required to sign up for a period of two years, during which they will receive military training and further functional training in a specific field, eg Combat Operators, Support services, Submarine operators etc in their first year of service. During the second year of service, depending on the duration of their functional orientation, they will be deployed where needed and given the opportunity to apply their
knowledge and develop their skills.
- South African citizen
- Age between 18 and 22
- Currently in Grade 12 or completed
- will benefit your application
- Preferably single
- Not area bound
- Engineering and Technical applicants must have completed Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with at least level 4 for both subjects
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with a Degree / National Diploma or N6 with Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical, Marine, or Electrical Engineering
- Graduate applicants aged between 18 and 26 must have a completed Grade 12 with a Degree / National Diploma in Human Resources Management or Logistics