Closing Date: 26 February 2021
Location: All Provinces
Municipality, have the following vacancies in the Directorate Community Services, Department Emergency Services, to be filled as soon as possible. LEARNER FIRE FIGHTER (200x)
- Grade 12
- Valid code B drivers license
- Must comply with medical fitness and physical fitness
- Applicants must be literate in at least two of the three Official Languages of the Western Cape
- The incumbent is responsible for the operational function’s with regard to fire fighting and rescue
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of equipment and vehicles
Remuneration : (T6 = R113 340- R147 144 per annum) plus the normal fringe benefits of a Local Authority.
- Support and maintain operational and applicable legal requirements and processes in support of Emergency Management and Sasol’s strategic objectives.
- To ensure timeous effective response to emergency incidents, on- and off site and thus ensuring the protection of Sasol and its employees and other property as per mutual aid agreements.
- To ensure that fire and life equipment are inspected as per the SANS 1475 standard.
- Ensure that emergency equipment and vehicles are always readily available.
- To ensure station, vehicles and equipment cleanliness.
Required outputs: Functional
- Emergency response and mitigation activities are performed safely and effectively
- Respond to all emergency call outs and requests
- Support Emergency Management Operations strategy and operating model
- Ensure site compliance to relevant legislative standards, practices and certification
Job RequirementsQualifications required:
- Grade 12 (Must)
- Medically fit for firefighting (incl. functional and capacity test/evaluation)
- Basic life support qualification/BAA – Registered with H.P.C.S.A (advantage)
- IFSAC International Fire Service accreditation congress – Firefighter 1 (advantage)
- HAZMAT Awareness level (advantage)
- Code C1 Drivers licence with PrDP (advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Building partnerships and networking
- Conflict Management
- Applying relevant legislation, Company codes, standards and procedures
- Mentally and physically fit
- Be able to work shifts and do standby as required
- Listening skills
- Sense of urgency and able to work under pressure
- Assertiveness / Decisiveness Cooperativeness
- Team Player
- Strong customer centric orientation
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply
How to Apply
Application forms are available at all ODM offices. Completed application forms and / or CV with certified copies of required documents, are to be returned to the Human Resources Section, Private Bag x22, Bredasdorp 7280. Applications with no proof of requirements will not be processed. For any inquiries in this regard you can phone Miss. S. Mkapheni on 028 4251157 Overberg District Municipality is an Equal Opportunity employer. Candidates from designated groups are encouraged to apply. If no notification is received within 90 days after the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. The right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise is reserved