Applications for study at the University of
Pretoria in 2021 are fully online.Application for admission to undergraduate
study programmes for both South African and
international citizens close on specific dates in
the year preceding the year of study.
To use the Online Application System you
will need the following:
- internet access
- an email address which you can access
- regularly, because as soon as you submit
- your online application, a student number
- (EMPLID) will be sent to this email address
- as confirmation of receipt.
General Application Information
- UP applications open on 1 March
- of the year preceding the year of study.
- Each prospective student must complete
- only one online application. On the online
- application the University of Pretoria offers
- a first and second choice in terms of what
- you wish to study. All applicants should fill
- in both a first and second choice on the
- online application.
- Once your online application has been
- processed, you will receive a student
- Receiving a student number (EMPLID) does
- NOT imply that you have been accepted by
- the University of Pretoria yet.
Admission is a separate process that your
application undergoes after being evaluated
by the relevant faculty.
- It is in your best interest to complete your
- own online application. The University of
- Pretoria does not make use of
- representatives, agents or agencies during
- the application process. If you choose to
- make use of representatives, agents
- or agencies, you do so at your own risk.
- It is of utmost importance that you provide
- your personal email and postal addresses
- to enable the University of Pretoria to
- communicate with you directly.
- For the application for Distance Education
- admission (Faculty of Education)
- please visit the “Distance Education ”
- web page before you apply. Different
- rules are applicable.
- It is important to note that should you wish
- to study the selection programmes
- BSc(Arch)(Architecture) or BSc(Int)
- (Interior Architecture), you must indicate
- them as your first choice on your
- application, or you will not be considered
- for these programmes.
- It is also recommended to indicate the other
- selection programmes as your first choice
- on the online application.
- Online Application
online application, a student number (EMPLID)
will be sent to this email address as
confirmation of receipt.Before you start with
your application make sure that you have went
through the prospectusApply as early as