Pathcare seeks motivated individuals who are accountable and reliable; who possess a responsible work ethic; who are responsive to customer needs; and who can concentrate effectively under pressure with good attention to detail.
PATHCARE STUDENT LABORATORY ASSISTANT
The PathCare Academy invites responsible and respectful individuals who possess a well developed work ethic and who are responsive to customer needs to apply for the Student Laboratory Assistant programme commencing in 2021.
This is an entry level programme aimed at school leavers who are interested in training in a laboratory environment. Placement will be at various PathCare locations across South Africa.
Location: GOODWOOD, CAPE TOWN
- Grade 12 pass with Biology/Life Science minimum 40%, level 3 or E pass or Primary Health NCV level 4 with Human Body and Mind minimum 60%
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Read, write and understand basic Afrikaans
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and study rigorously
- Possess a well developed work ethic
- Willing to process blood and body products
- Ability to provide excellent service and be responsive to customer needs
- Willingness to work shifts and after hours as required
HOW TO APPLY
The competitive selection process will include:
- Screening of applications and academic results
- Selected candidates will be shortlisted and invited to undergo online proficiency tests
- Highest scoring candidates on the above will be invited to attend panel interviews
It is specifically brought to the attention of interested persons that only those candidates who meet the criteria, fully comply with the application instructions, score the highest in the competitive testing and interview processes, and who are deemed most suitable will be selected.
Theoretical training will take place at the PathCare Academy in Goodwood or in Pretoria and practical training will take place at various PathCare laboratories nationally.
Individuals who meet the criteria and are interested in applying for a place on this programme should click on the link below and complete the application form.