About INSETA Learnerships
Every year the Insurance Sector Education and Training Authority (INSETA) offers individuals across South Africa INSETA learnership opportunities via various companies in the insurance sector.
Inseta represents the following sub-sectors within the insurance industry:
- Activities auxiliary to Financial Intermediation
- Funeral Insurance
- Health care benefits administration
- Insurance and Pension Funding
- Life insurance
- Pension Funding and
- Risk management
- Short term insurance
- Unit trusts
The INSETA Learnership consists of both theoretical and practical workplace training totaling 1 500 learning hours. The qualification is registered with Inseta and Unit Standard Based, meaning that it will be accredited by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
The Medical Claims Assessing Learnership will give you the opportunity to learn data capturing of medical claims skills and gain vital workplace experience. It will also allow you to gain access to the insurance industry with a better chance of landing a job as graduates will earn a recognized qualification in Claims Assessing.
INSETA Learnerships Requirements
There are certain requirements for being accepted into the INSETA learnership:
Qualifications & Experience
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old
- Candidates must be in possession of a valid and recognized Matric/Standard 10/Grade 12 Certificate with English (Minimum D Symbol on Standard Grade); Maths (or Maths Literacy 60% and above) and a 2nd language (Minimum D Symbol)
- You must be able to communicate effectively in English
- All must possess basic computer skills
- You must display high attention to detail
- Candidates must be able to work accurately
- You must not have completed a previous Learnership
- Applicants must not be formally employed or be engaged in any post-matric studies
- You must have a keen interest in claims assessing and healthcare and be interested in data capturing
- All must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with clients
- You must have above average typing skills
- Candidates must have resilience & drive and be the type of person who pursues goals despite obstacles
- You must be self-motivated and have a burning desire and potential to learn
- Applicants must be detail-oriented and accurately capture and communicate information
Please ensure that you meet the minimum criteria required for INSETA Learnerships and apply for only one of the learnerships advertised.
This opportunity is being advertised in accordance with the company?s Employment Equity initiatives. The cost of attending interviews to get on the learnership and any relocation costs you may have to incur during the learnership is for your own account; Discovery will not reimburse any costs incurred.
The Medical Claims Assessing Learnership
A learnership is outcomes-based learning, and while on the learnership you will be required to:
- Achieve the requisite level in formative and summative assessments
- Develop a good knowledge of company products
- Attend classroom lessons and do practical onsite work
- Compile a Portfolio of Evidence for submission to Inseta
- Complete logbooks for your workplace-based learning
- Show commitment to working in the medical insurance industry
- Demonstrate skills in using the company?s various systems
- Exhibit a willingness to learn corporate values
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various operational processes
A learnership contract is a legally binding contract and any irregularity or violation of the terms of the agreement will be dealt with by the Discovery in accordance with Sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
INSETA Learnership Application Process
In order to apply for the INSETA Learnership, you can apply online when applications are open.
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. Discovery Health Intern Learnership)
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
Remember that during your workplace training you will be responsible for your own accommodation, transport and meal costs, so you should apply for a learnership closest to where you live.
INSETA Learnership Information
For further information on Inseta learnerships, you can also contact Inseta directly: